RIO CITY BIKE TOUR
This experience was tailored to be the best sightseeing in town, where you can see most of Rio de Janeiro points of interest avoiding the chaotic traffic of the city. This tour is ideal for those who want to see most of the city in a fun and interactive way.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Coconut Water
- Ending tour at Bike Rio Cafe, can take a shower, eat a meal and order a drink!
Join me on this ride that starts in front of the iconic Copacabana Palace Hotel and will head to Botafogo neighborhood, passing by Praia Vermelha and the incredible Urca. Then, the tour takes us to Botafogo Beach and its beautiful view of Sugarloaf Mountain. We´ll stop to have a cold coconut water and enjoy the beautiful landscape in front of us.
Hydrated and re-energized, we will enter the largest leisure area in South America, Flamengo´s Park, following the bike path that leads us to Rio´s Modern Art Museum.
From the MAM, our scenario will change from the natural landscapes to the city center and it´s buildings and squares. We´ll ride to the historical center where you´ll hear about the times when Rio was the capital of Brazil (and also Portugal).
Next, we have the brand new Olympic Boulevard, an area that was brought back to life because of the renovation for the Games. On our ride by the city´s port we´ll see the Tomorrow´s Museum, Rio´s Art Museum and a masterpiece made by world famous street artist Kobra.
Our bikes now will take us to the neighborhood of Saúde, recently awarded as one of the coolest neighborhoods in the world by London´s Time Out Magazine. This is where Samba was born and you´ll hear about the amazing african heritage in Brazil.
From the past to modern times, we´ll visit Rio´s Metropolitan Cathedral, a quite unusual shaped church at the heart of Downtown. Then riding to Lapa, the bohemian district of the city, framed by it´s aqueduct and home of the famous Selarón Staircase, the “Great Madness” of a chilean artist that lived here.
We will finish our bike ride at Cinelândia, the main square of Rio, surrounded by important buildings such as the Municipal Theater and the National Library. From here I´ll give you directions if you want to go somewhere else or it´s also possible to ride the subway back to Copacabana.
- Online bookings must be done with at least 24 hours in advance.
- Booking with less that 24 hours in advance must be done by telephone or WhatsApp message.
- Full refund in case of cancelation must be requested till 48 hours before the tour booked starts.
- In case of rain, full refund will be given.
- The reservation is only complete after receiving an e-mail confirmation sent by us.
- Please read our Terms and Conditions for a full description of the terms of service in this link: Terms & Conditions